Ready for a power outage or emergency?
Here at Hummel and Plum Insurance Agency we want you to be both ready and safe. That’s why it’s always a good idea to have an emergency kit handy in case of power outages or other issues — especially with any threat of stormy weather. Here are a few recommendations from the American Red Cross below.
Emergency kit basics
- Water (one gallon per person, per day; keep a two-week supply at home)
- Food (non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items; two week supply at home)
- Flashlight and battery-powered radio, along with extra batteries
- First-aid kit, toiletries, medications and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Copies of personal documents, along with family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash, clothing and blankets
- Cell phones and chargers
- Maps of the area